I was tagged, a while ago, by kathy and leonor, two bloggers that I really admire, and know for sure that if we lived in the same town we´d be coffee buddies. I have to post 7 things about myself. Here´s what I came up with lying in bed awake at 3 am...
1. My real name is Jane Louise. My friends call me Jane. My Dad called me Janel. I miss that.
2. On my first visit to Spain, Jorge didn´t tell his parents I was visiting. They found out from his grandmother... who found out from the butcher... small towns.
3. Funny wedding story. My wedding gown got sent to Mexico and I got the Mexican´s dress. It was sent to my in-law´s house. My mother-in law took a sneak peak at what she thought was the wedding gown of her future daughter-in-law. She was accosted by 20 kilos of feathers, sequins, and beads. To this day I wish I could have seen her face.
4. I have a mean streak that comes out once every 10 years.
5. I have no short-term memory. The other day I spilled laundry detergent on the floor. I took out the broom and thought, "while I´m at it I´ll sweep the whole floor." When I reached the detergent I thought, "good thing I decided to sweep, because there´s some soap on the floor."... OK this freaks me out a bit...
6. I´m a crier. I cry at tv commercials, the departure and the arrival gates at airports (don´t ever leave me waiting...), a nice gesture, the Oscars, the Olympics, but never watching films. What´s that about?
7. One reason I love photography is because I love the idea that you can capture a moment in time and put it in your pocket forever. Which, someone with no short-term memory can really appreciate.