12 August 2010

summer rerun





A friend of mine gave me this recipe. It was a typical after- school snack growing up in her home.

It got me thinking about how different our childhoods (one in Spain and one in the US) were...

She grew up in a small town.
I grew up in a big city.

She went to private school and was taught by sweet nuns.
I went to public school and was taught by recovering hippies.

She grew up on produce and milk delivered daily to her home by local farmers.
I grew up on food bought from a large supermarket.

She collected animal trading cards.
I collected baseball trading cards.

Her aunties knitted all her sweaters, made all her dresses, and crocheted all her undergarments.
My clothes were store bought... Day of the week undies.

Our upbringings couldn´t have been more different. I often wonder how we turned out so similar...





pink

I knew a girl who was blue. So she painted her world pink. xoxo